Sunday 21 June 2009

Getting the job done


I've been working on this particular project for the past 3 weeks and I can't seem to finish it. It is partly due to large number of other tasks and partly due to the fact that I'm experimenting on the pattern. I use different thread than suggested and introduce some variation into the original design. This costs me some unraveling, retracing my steps and than trying again. But it is sooo frustrating! I would like to move on to another project but now I fixate on this one and can't get past it.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me what you do when you cannot finish a project. Do you persist? Do you drop it for a while? Do you start something else and go back to the unfortunate project later? Or do you just tear it apart? Fill in the poll and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. If something is frustrating me I take it as a sign that I need to get some distance and clear my head for a bit. If it is complicated, I make sure I store it away with good notes of where I was and what I was trying to do. I find the time away really helps. It might be that my brain has been working out the problems in the background, it might be some other magic, but I find I come back to the project refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,
    thank you for the comment. Maybe I should try that too. I usually try to soldier on because I cannot get on to another project before I'm done with the frustrating one.

    I shell try your meditative way next time :)

    ReplyDelete