But my fussiness has also positive aspects. For instance it makes me more sensitive to my own products' quality. I dread the idea that my customer would come back and complain about their purchase.
So when I made first earrings from the new 2010 Collection, I knew I had to make damn sure that they were durable. As a crazyhead woman, I know perfectly well that jewellery (especially the fav one) goes through a number of ordeals. It is often tugged at, taken off and put on repeatedly, and stuffed into bags and pockets.
To make sure that my new jewellery is up to the task, I gave my earrings the following treatment:
- I wore them every day for a weak through normal day's chores and to a party
- I wore them in bad, wet weather and heavy rain
- I wore them under a hat
- they travelled through 3 European countries stuffed into a pocket
- they survived family Christmas with me
- they were used as a toy for my cat (see picture)
(Note: no fat and lazy animal was hurt during this photoshoot)