Friday 5 March 2010

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things...

One of my favourite things is to discover new crafty people online. I love looking at inspirational projects, great patterns, and colourful pictures. This is also why I "waste" so much of my time reading blogs (oh thank you Google Reader) and scanning through my twitter stream.

Today, I'd like to share with you 5 of my absolutely favourite blogs:

1. Do Stuff!
This is one of the first craft blogs I started to read. And some 2 years later I am still loyal and as charmed by Leethal's aesthetics. Her work is colourful and whimsical and inspires me to try out new techniques. Leethal works with everything from knitting, embroidery and sawing to photography, colouring and spining yarn. She is also a full time crafter and sells a lot of her fantastic patterns and craft sets online.

2. Feeling Stitchy
This one is a group written blog about (big surprise!) embroidery. And even though I don't embroider too much I still really like looking at the amazing projects featured on Feeling Stitchy. I especially like the fact that the blog presents how embroidery can be used to create art pieces rather than embellishments on handkerchiefs.

3. Dude Craft
Paul Overton's blog is one of these very special places on the net where you can find truly original...everything. As Paul writes about himself: "He delights in the unusual" And I delight in his choice. And when you are at it check Make and Meaning where Paul is a contributive author.

4. Carina's Craftblog
Carina's blog is one of the most colourful places on the web. Every time Carina posts another project, I get all envious about her skills! But at the same time she inspires me to try more colurs and colour combniations in my own work.

5. Yes and Yes
Sarah's Yes and Yes is a relatively new discovery of mine. She writes a bit about crafts and fashion but mostly she writes about life. And her stories are not only well written but also fascinating. It's the kind of civil journalism I like the most. My favourite is Sarah's True Story series where she interviews people with interesting life stories.

1 comment:

  1. Maria - Thanks so much for the kind words about DudeCraft. You are one of my most ardent supporters and I can't thank you enough for spreading the word. I'm so glad you enjoy the blog! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete